[Tool] DotA Theme Manager v5Warcraft Hacks [March 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM ] 429 views
TheTheme Manager – in short: DTM – allows you to change the look of the terrain while still allowing you to play with people who do not use the Theme Manager – on battle.net, , hamachi, just everywhere.
Multiple themes are available: Beach, Barrens, Snow, Hell, City and Highlands, all of them having a unique design!
Many of you will wonder how it works…well, it is simple: The DTM exchanges textures of terrain, trees and doodads in the MPQ files – basically the storing files for WC3. The process is easily reversible, not harming WC3 at all, and it causes no problems in the interaction with other players who do not use the DTM. A tiny negative point is that is also changes the textures for other maps which might look a bit bad, but if you restore it to original it works again, so it is never problematic.
- 1. Download the newest version of the Theme Manager
- 2. Unpack the file IN your warcraft folder – in most cases C:\Program Files\ III. You can find the paths the files should have below!
- 3. DO NOT move or rename any of the files you unpacked. The path must be: “\ III\DTMV4\“
- 4. If you want it on your desktop, create a shortcut of the exe file.
- 5. make sure both your WC3 and your World Editor are closed!
- 6. Go!
Note: needs to be ‘Run as administrator’ under Vista to run entirely properly (thanks to Dagguh for this information!).
TheTheme Manager uses the following paths for the files:
- This is the folder you should see when you open your WC3 folder.
In it, you should have:III Folder\DTMV4\DTMV4.exe
- The application itself. Use this executable to start the Theme Manager.
- The Data-Folder, containing all necessary data the DTM needs to work.
Don’t change anything here!
|DotA Theme, DotA Theme Manager, dota tool|