MCEdit: Minecraft World EditorMinecraft Tools [October 02, 2011 at 12:34 PM ] 624 views
- Added “Long Distance Mode” and “Fly Mode” options. When enabled together, these make the controls more -like.
- Some long running operations can be canceled now.
- Improved speed and memory usage of the Server-based chunk generator.
- Attempted to fix the “Loading imports…” crash
- Rebuilt using pygame 1.9.1. Should fix mouse problems during the file dialogs. Windows users must update manually by downloading a new setup.exe or .zip to fix it.
- Added spawner choices for Enderman, Silverfish, and CaveSpider
- Move Spawn Point tool now checks your spawn point according to Minecraft’s weird rules: y=63 and y=64 must not both be air, and you must have three air blocks above the spawn point.
- Move Spawn Point tool now offers to fix the blocks around your spawn point to make it fit the rules. This cannot be undone (yet).
- Fixed an issue with rotating copied items and later finding them scrambled.
- Tried to fix an issue with mouse control failing during the “Import a schematic or level…” dialog.
- Added all three variations of hidden silverfish blocks: Stone, Cobblestone, Stone Brick
- Added graphics for all four kinds of stairs
- Added rotation info for the new stairs, Chests, and Vines
- Replacing different types of stairs will preserve the stairs’ orientation.
- Fixed the Move Player tool not working correctly
- Fixed the Topsoil brush not working inside caves
- Fixed a problem where the window wouldn’t remember its size correctly
- Fixed a problem where the mouse control became unusable after resizing the window
- Copy/Import operations now create chunks and copy blocks in a single pass
- Added more progress bars
- Added Creative/Survival toggle to Create New World and World Info windows.
- Fixed a problem with missing trees in the chunk generator.
- Move Player tool now correctly moves players to and from the Nether
- Move Player tool now jumps to the dimension the player is in.
- Fixed a startup error in reloadVersions
- Added Copy and Paste commands. Shortcuts are Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V.
- Up to 10 copied items are listed on the right side of the screen
- “Export Schematic” changed to “Copy” – to use the Export function, click the Save button by one of the copied items
- added progress bars for some long-running operations
- setup.exe now has an option to install in Fixed Install mode, placing your settings and exports in your Documents folder.
- Added the option to generate chunks using the Minecraft Server. When you choose the Chunk tool and press Create, you’re given a few options.
- Added a “Classic Water Flood” filter, which will simulate the way water used to flood in Classic. This is handy for filling the area around a boat with water, for example.
- Included Decliff filter, contributed by Minecraft Forums user DrRomz
- Delete Entities is now undoable
- Undoing a copy now correctly removes the copied tile entities
- Added an “Analyze” command to the selection and recently copied items.
- Added format and size info to the World Info panel (Ctrl-I)
- Topsoil brush doesn’t improperly change the blocks at the top edge of the brush area.
Windows: You may need to install this Visual C Runtime.
Linux: The required programs are listed in readme-linux.txt.
Mac OS X 10.5 and older: Install python2.6.6, install numpy, install X11 (from your OS X installation disc) then open MCEdit and check the Console app for errors.
FreeBSD: Install the following ports: graphics/py-opengl devel/py-game (thanks, falkman!)
MCEdit for Windows
- Download setup.exe [MCEdit-stable33-win32-setup.exe]
- Download zipfile [MCEdit-stable33-32bit-win32.zip]
MCEdit for 64-bit Windows
- Download 64-bit setup.exe [MCEdit-stable33-64bit-win32-setup.exe]
- Download 64-bit zipfile [MCEdit-stable33-64bit-win32.zip]
MCEdit application for Mac OS X 10.6
- Download app (requires X11, extract using Archive Utility)
MCEdit for Linux/FreeBSD/Older Mac OS X
- Download tarball [MCEdit-stable33-linux-python2.6.tgz]
- Download tarball [MCEdit-stable33-linux-python2.7.tgz]
|MCEdit, Minecraft 1.8.1, Minecraft 1.8.1 Tool, Minecraft World Editor|